COLLEGE AND SCHOOL CAMPS INFORMATION PACK.
Port Campbell Hostel and Port Campbell Surf Life Saving Club
Ideal accommodation …in the ideal location
The Port Campbell area has it all. There couldn’t be a better place for student groups of all ages for fun-filled learning experiences. Set in the heart of the Shipwreck Coast in South Western Victoria, it is full of diverse opportunities to study the landscape, interact with nature, gather your group or marvel at the sights whilst doing a myriad of activities. From the Great Ocean Road inland to agriculture, geography, commerce, industry and history, the Port Campbell Hostel is the ideal accommodation in the ideal location.
IDEAL FOR COLLEGE AND SCHOOL CAMPS OF ALL TYPES.
- Educational – Science , Geography, Geology and Agriculture.
- Leadership – Professional Team Building, Retreats and Personal Development.
- Sporting and Outdoor Education – Surf Lifesaving, fitness, bush walking, bike riding, archery and water activities
Within an hour of Port Campbell, you will find:
- The world renowned Great Ocean Road
- The Tourism hotspots of 12-Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Gibson Steps and many lesser publicised areas of beauty along this rugged limestone coast.
- The 12 Apostles
- Tower Hill is an inactive volcano roughly 4-km wide and 80m high.
- The Lakes and Craters Precinct contains a good proportion of the more significant volcanic features, as well as the vast majority of the regions water bodies formed by volcanic activity.
- The Western Victoria dairy region, including The Western Victorian Dairy Research and Demonstration Farm Co-operative Ltd
- Cheese making at Apostle Whey Cheese, home to the award-winning, delectable hand-made cheeses. Be enchanted by the newborn calves In March, April, and July through to September. See the herd being milked from 4pm – 5pm daily in the rotary dairy.
- Newtons Ridge Estate Vineyard & Winery
- Iona Gas Plant is ideally placed to supply gas directly into the Victorian gas market in the South West Pipeline, and into the South Australian market via the South East Australia Gas (SEA Gas) Pipeline. Located adjacent to the Otway Gas Plant, Iona is connected to the nearby Minerva Gas Plant via the SEA Gas Pipeline. Storage reservoirs are used to store gas on behalf of customers during periods of low gas demand.
- Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village, for an extraordinary education experience on the history of the Shipwreck Coast, early maritime industry and lifestyle …along with a lighthouse and old fort.
- Rich Aboriginal heritage sites with new middens being exposed by the erosion of the limestone cliffs.
- Cycle the Crater to Coast bike track following the old Camperdown to Timboon railway line.
- Bush Walking along legs of the Great Ocean Walk
- Water activities in surf boats, surf skis, power boats
- Creative Arts and Photography
- The Port Campbell Surf Life Saving Club has partnered with the Port Campbell Hostel to provide meeting room and conference facilities, along with a range of specialist activities like Team Building Exercises, First Aid Training, and marine-related training.
- The Corangamite Shire Council has available sporting facilities nearby, ranging from a recently refurbished Playing Grounds in Port Campbell to local sporting centres for indoor sporting activities.